Email to a Friend
Dr. Jason Smith - Orthopedic Surgeon & Spine Specialist
Is pain holding you back? Dr. Jason Smith is a nationally renowned orthopedic surgeon and spine specialist. He has the advanced training and in-depth experience required to pinpoint the cause of your pain and treat it with arthroscopy, rehabilitation, joint construction and more. If you do require surgery, Dr. Smith performs minimally invasive surgery at Saline Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Jason Smith's Specialties
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Scoliosis correction surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Cervical decompression and fusions
- Lumbar fusions
- Spine fracture treatment
- Minimally invasive decompressions
- Minimally invasive fusions
- Total disc replacements
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Back and Neck Pain
- Disc replacement
Dr. Smith practices a stepwise approach that always begins with exercise and physical therapy. If symptoms persist, injections will be considered and then surgery, if necessary.
Dr. Smith grew up in Harrison, Arkansas, before attending Hendrix College and graduating from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He then completed his orthopedic training at the University of Utah, followed by a prestigious spine fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco – where he was invited to stay on as an assistant instructor and assistant professor.
Education & Training
After 14 years of private practice on the West Coast, the accomplished surgeon returned to Arkansas to care for patients close to home.
As a respected authority on spine care, Dr. Smith has been recognized with numerous honors and awards. His professional highlights include:
- Recipient of the Castle Connolly Regional Medical Top Doctors award for orthopedic surgery
- Named Top Doctor and Most Compassionate Doctor
- Published numerous articles and book chapters
- Given many national and even international presentations
Do these symptoms apply to you? If so, please make an appointment now.
- Back pain
- Weakness to the arms or legs
- Problems controlling bathroom function
Call 1-501-776-6545 or request an appointment below.