• Specially trained physicians and nurses on staff
• The latest in technology including hyperbaric oxygen therapy
• Communication between you, our staff and your physician
• Our strong commitment to your healing, comfort and education
Who benefits from wound care?
The SMH Wound Healing Center helps individuals who have a wound that will not mend itself through the body's natural healing process or will not heal significantly with the help of other treatment. These wounds may be chronic or acute and may include:
• Diabetic and pressure ulcers
• Ulcers due to poor circulation
• Burns or other traumatic wounds
• Complicated post-op wounds
• Those due to infection or radiation
• Any non-healing or slow healing wound
What is hyperbaric treatment?
Wounds heal at a more rapid pace when the patient breathes 100 percent oxygen at higher pressures than that of the normal environment. Hyperbaric treatment, therefore, takes place in a specially designed compartment that helps deliver the prescribed amount of oxygen to the patient's body tissue, at which time the healing process begins.
Treatment options available at the Saline Memorial Wound Healing Center:
• Physician management and debridement
• Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
• Application of advanced wound dressings
• Application of topical growth factors
• Wound Vac technology
• Application of biological skin substitutes
• Application of advanced topical medications
The SMH Wound Healing Center also offers SensiLase testing that allows the physician to determine how much blood flow and oxygen are getting to a wound. This information aids the physician in making appropriate treatment decisions.
The SMH Wound Healing Center is located next to the main entrance of SMH in Medical Office Building A on the second floor, suite 200.
For more information, please call (501) 776-6901.