Understanding Billing and Charges
Saline Health System is committed to helping you understand and prepare for potential out-of-pocket costs related to medical services you or a loved one may receive at our hospital, and we have resources available to assist you. Please contact the hospital at (501) 776-6069 at any time to discuss your specific care needs and the potential associated charges. If you are insured, you also should contact your insurer to understand their coverage of services.
In addition, as required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), our hospital has provided a complete list of charges for all services and items provided by our facility.
The amount listed is not necessarily reflective of your actual financial responsibility. The amount collected by our hospital can be less than the amount on this list for a number of reasons, including discounts negotiated with third party payers like Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance companies as well as patient-specific discounts based upon financial need and other considerations. We recommend that all patients contact their insurer or Saline Health System to discuss their individual situations and determine the potential out-of-pocket costs of their care.
This discussion with your insurer or the hospital is an important step because many factors affect an individual’s financial responsibility for the cost of hospital care, including:
- If an individual has insurance, and under which insurer and plan he or she is covered;
- Individual qualifications for additional financial assistance from the facility;
- Factors specific to each patient’s care and needs, such as:
• Length of stay in the hospital
• Specific items needed for care
• Additional testing required or recommended by your provider, and
• Unexpected complications.
Please contact the hospital at any time with questions, or view our Frequently Asked Questions.