As a patient of Saline Memorial Hospital, you are entitled to health care that is safe, therapeutic, and delivered by competent and qualified personnel. You have the right to health services that are focused on your individual needs.
We recognize our obligation to support your rights to:
• Equal access to quality care regardless of race, creed, age, gender, religion, natural origin or ability to pay in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and their implementing regulations.
• Privacy concerning your treatment and medical records.
• An understandable explanation from your doctor about your treatment.
• Participate in your plan of care.
• Expect a quick response to reports of pain.
• Refusal of care or treatment as well as an explanation of the possible consequences of your refusal.
• An Advance Directive, such as a Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney.
• A review and an explanation of your medical records.
• Information about any relationships between the hospital and outside parties that may affect your care.
• Consent or refuse to participate in research affecting your care.
• Information about realistic alternative treatments when hospital care is no longer appropriate.
• Information about hospital rules, charges and payment methods.
• Discussion with a pharmacist about medications prescribed for you during your hospital stay or upon discharge.
• Freedom from restraint or seclusion that is not clinically justified.
• Care in a setting that is free from abuse and harassment.
• Privacy regarding your health information which includes:
• Observance of all HIPAA restrictions regarding the uses and disclosures of your health information for the purpose of treatment, payment and health care operations.
• Confidential communication of your health information.
• Access to any of your protected health information that is maintained in a designated record.
• An amendment of your protected health information for as long as Saline Memorial Hospital maintains the information in a designated record.
• An accounting of disclosures of your protected health information by Saline Memorial Hospital.